Vivre sa vie(my life to live)
Hitting the keys of keyboard, hearing over the pro-technicalities of the instructor, I was loitering over the french arts and literature like a amateur flaneur.
I came over the series of quotes by the noted french director Jean-Luc Godard,one of the founding members of the Nouvelle Vague- the french new wave.
- Photography is truth. Cinema is truth twenty-four times per second.
- Cinema is the most beautiful fraud in the world.
- A story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end . . . but not necessarily in that order.
- To me, style is just the outside of content, and the content the inside of style, like the outside and the inside of the human body. Both go together, they can’t be separated.
- All you need for a movie is a gun and a girl.
- A tracking shot is a moral act.
- Films are the only things by which to look inside people, and that’s why people are so fond of movies and why they’ll never die.
- I mix images and sounds like a scientist, I hope. The mystery of the scientific is the same as the mystery of the artist. So is the misery.
- To be or not to be. That’s not really a question.